Saturday, December 27, 2008

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas Everyone!! Santa was very good when he visited our house. We had Kenneth's parents, Linda and Robert, staying with us over the holiday so our house was full of fun and animals. They have two dachshunds and a cat, add that with Sam and it was a ton of animal madness!! Last year Cheryl told me that she desperately wanted a "photo album" that she could slide her wedding photos in. At their wedding they placed disposable cameras on the tables and let the guests be their photographers. All she needed was the photos organized and slid into an "album". Mind you, over time it changed into "my scrapbook". When I would question her, it was always "remember?? My scrapbook!" Since I couldn't possibly say no to the sweet look on her face I took on the task of scrapbooking Cheryl and Chuck's wedding and reception. Many long nights, blood, sweat, and yes a few tears went into the gift. I was thrilled to see them enjoy it.
It was so neat to see the looks on their faces as the flipped from page to page. Fifty pages in all, countless brads, paper flowers, rhinestones, and ribbon. Their wedding was themed to a Hawaiian luau.
Kenneth's big gift was a tool chest from myself. From his family he received gift cards and supplies to make the garage into a "man cave". Lowe's has this stuff called Gladiator Garageworks and it is really neat to see the garage taking shape. I'll keep you posted! It is a continual work in progress.
From his dad Kenneth got a guitar signed by Amy Grant and Vince Gill. That was the latest tour Robert went out driving for. For those of you who don't know, he drives the musical tour groups in the big buses when they are out on the road on tour. It is a ton of fun when he is out on the road!
Last but not least, Sam's favorite gift. Linda got Sam a stuffed squeaky quail to play with. I don't think he's put it down yet!! We're trying to convince him that it's not a chew toy :) Merry Christmas to all, I hope Santa was as good to you all as he was to us.

No comments: