Tuesday, October 28, 2008

K.C. and Cody

Meet K.C. the pig, not to be confused with Casey (Cody's sister)!! I think this is one of the cutest pigs I have ever seen. I love how she looks like an oreo cookie! Apparently there were so many kids in Cody's AGG class that chose pigs that they have to share pens. I think it works out pretty well, half the shavings and care!
I am really proud of Cody! He goes every morning and afternoon to clean up and feed his pig. The other pig is Skittles and is being taken care of by another young guy. Skittles is a little bit bigger and has "louder" markings than K.C. I had to ask the AGG teacher what that meant! He told met that it just meant that the coloring was bolder.
A rare moment when both pigs were eating out of their own feed buckets. I was told that this never happens! You can tell the size difference in the pigs. The AGG teacher said that size was not the most important when it came down to being a "good" pig. It is all about the back being arched, the muscle tone, and overall appearance of the pig.
K.C. likes to have water squirted in her mouth! She was oinking and making a stink when Cody stopped. This was discovered by accident, he had gone to clean her one day when she turned her head and loved the water bottle being squirted in her mouth.
I had to add in this picture of a lamb. I thought it was too cute how they had made clothes for it to keep it warm and clean!! It looked really well taken care of.

No comments: